Senior Documentor / Draftsperson
Jeavons Landscape Architects is an award-winning design studio based in Carlton North. Our clients engage us to deliver projects in a wide variety of environments and settings which include play, recreation, education, early childhood, health, well-being, therapy and aged care. We believe that people of all ages and abilities should have access to quality and engaging outdoor landscapes.
Our office culture and the wellbeing of our team of 10 staff is important to us; we value respect, courage and curiosity. You will be joining a collaborative team environment and will be involved in project development relating to a variety of projects. You will also benefit from our genuine commitment to your professional development. Work-life balance is an important part of our culture and we would consider flexible work arrangements for this full-time position. Remuneration will be offered commensurate with the high quality of skills and experience required.
Your skills, qualifications and personal attributes will include:
- 5 plus years’ experience. Experience in landscape architectural work will be an advantage;
- An interest in this field of landscape architecture applied to children’s spaces and community well-being;
- Proven experience of the documentation process and knowledge of construction methods to resolve details;
- Management of projects to meet deadlines;
- Well-developed CAD (2D & 3D) drafting skills. Experience with Vectorworks is preferable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Enthusiastic approach to learning, and career professional development;
- The ability to take responsibility for your work load and work independently and as a team member;
- Attention to detail and pride in quality of work;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Contribute to office operations and procedures;
- Good graphic/visual presentation skills, especially in setting up documents;
- Working knowledge in MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketchup;
- Relevant Tertiary Degree or equivalent experience.
If you are interested, please email your application addressed to Lucy Hawkes at email@example.com with the following requirements:
- Cover letter (1 page max Microsoft word format)
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages max pdf format)
- Examples of documentation drawings and details (10mb max pdf format)
- 3D illustrations (hand drawn and/or computer generated)
- Documentation drawing examples
- Technical and report writing examples (i.e. specifications, schedules, costings)
- Hand drawn detail/section with hand written notation (2 page max jpg format)
Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.