The Ardeer Green Activity Hub is located off West Street, Ardeer and has two major cycling routes intersecting at the park; the M80 path and Kororoit Creek Trail, which then links to the Federation Trail to the city. The site also has strong environmental values with riparian vegetation to the Kororoit Creek and a strand of existing Sugar Gums.
The project is a partnership between Brimbank City Council , Department of Health , City West Water , Melbourne Water and Vicroads .
The project aims to improve community health by:
• providing a key cycling destination
• integrating water sensitive urban design along Kororoit Creek with wetlands, detention treatment swales and re-use of water on site
• retaining existing and improving vegetation quality
• reducing localized heat map with introduction of more planting
Jeavons successfully lead a team of sub consultants consisting of:
• Meinhardt ; identifying opportunities for WSUD treatments
• @Leisure ; undertook consultation with user groups, community and stakeholders
• Ecology and Heritage Partners ; undertook ecological and cultural heritage studies
• Trevor Main Quantity Surveyors ; provided cost estimate support